New update from Apple enables support for the new keyboard and magic mouse

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Fancuku, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I was greeted with this today when I booted in Winodws in my MBP. It's only available for W8.1 and 10.

inputupdate.JPG

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Hmm. Both Microsoft and Apple is trying to abandon Windows 7?

And don't update to iTunes 12.3.1. :)

3. Fancuku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Oh, that is even nicer. ;)
    I have no way however. :( I need it to sync songs and update apps etc, including updating to beta software.

5. surita68 macrumors newbie

6. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Magic Trackpad 2 is quite laggy with this driver. There is a big difference in performance between Windows 10 and OSX for this device. It also highlights just how much nicer OSX is to use.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

No need to mention Mac using Mac OS X is much better than using Windows. BootCamp is still just a not-so-decent solution for Mac users using Windows, although virtual machine would bring performance drop.

8. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Trackpads in general don't work as well on Windows as the Magic Trackpads on OSX. Windows is obviously very much a hybrid OS and therefore it should really be better with trackpad input. In my opinion, OS X is a more user friendly OS that would do a better job in a tablet than Windows does.

Boot camp is not the issue.

9. Fancuku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

It's Apple's fault for the poor trackpad performance in Windows. They supply the driver.

10. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Does this update allow for gestures on the standard (built- in) trackpad?

I have the RMB, Boot Camp, running Windows 10, never use OSX ever, but would love to swipe left as a browser back button as the OSX users on my machine can.

BJ

11. V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r macrumors 6502

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

12. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Thanks, but I tried that program and it put a watermark on my RMB screen that I could not get off, can't deal with that distraction.

BJ

13. Scott2016 macrumors newbie

Yes, the Trackpad++ is lifesaver. At first I too got that watermark, but it's gone now, after I donated for the Microsoft signed driver (he he, it wasn't obvious, but in fact they're providing it now, but only to donors). But honestly no matter how good those third party drivers are, I'd wish Apple provides the proper native drivers, with inertial scroll at least some three finger and four figner support. Oh Apple... At least I still can run Windows at all (read some rumors about ARM chips in future Macs, which would kill the Boot Camp and even Parallels automatically :eek:)