Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zocster

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2015
removing profile, rebooted and reinstalling of profile did NOT help. Hope there is a new beta in the morning, I loath rolling back an OS.

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2016
It's a bug with the beta. From what I've heard it comes up at 12 AM and 12 PM every few days or each day. Next beta it should be fixed as so many people have reported it.
Setting the time forward doesn’t seem to fix this but setting the date back 1 day seems to fix this problem

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
It also activates when you swipe down for the Notification Center. It is quite annoying.

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2016
This bug also apparently affects user who haven’t update from iOS 11.4.1 public beta it will say update from iOS 11 beta, iOS 12 will say update from iOS 12 beta

EdUniverse

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2017
Every time I come off lockscreen! I can pull down the lockscreen then swipe it back up, the bubble will show up every time without fail!

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I had this update message popping up for me every time I come out of the lock screen over the last few hours. Before it would appear randomly once or twice a day. The GM must be ready.

Last edited:

yonyz

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
I have this bug now and now I see the message after every iPhone unlock. They need to release a new beta soon, even if only for this single bug because it’s really annoying.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Same here. It’s funny how it can be so persistent. I’ve even turned off the Automatic Update and yet it still prompts.

I never had the Automatic Update enabled, yet now see the message every time I unlock the phone. The GM must be there, so Apple ask us to update from a beta to a real thing, except it has not been released yet. :p

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying! Every single bl**dy time I unlock my 6s!!
[doublepost=1535705051][/doublepost]Surely they'll have to issue an update? Is this happening on the public beta too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.