New update problem! Iphone 6+

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by salacious, Aug 21, 2015.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, updated my phone this morning and my phone is pretty much useless, text buttons are unresponsive apps are laggy anyone else getting this?

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

My 6+ runs fine after the 8.4.1 update. Install may have been borked. First backup your phone and try a reset. If that doesn't work, connect to iTunes and restore as new.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

4. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

I've tried the above action bandofbrothers has posted and also restored my iPhone 6+ from 'new' but the bugs reappear after a few hours.

8.4 was aOK so Lord knows what's happening.

5. leerichards1 macrumors regular

Hi iGeek, you're not alone with your problem, many users are having unusual issues at the moment. A reboot or a thorough factory reset fixes the problem briefly but in almost all cases it comes back exactly the same. There's not much you can really do until we start to see confirmation across the forums that a particular fix works, or if Apple have fixed any problem in the background.

Are you experiencing any of these problems also?
    • Cannot install podcasts using standard podcasts app, download is always waiting
    • In AppStore, already installed apps have the 'iCloud download button', not 'Open'
    • Cannot install new apps (click on get, just get the animated circle)
    • Cannot open Radio from Apple Music (all other tabs ok)
    • In settings cannot open iTunes & App Store page, can open iCloud page, but cannot scroll, screen locks
    • Hotlinks in email don't work

6. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Hello and thanks for replying. Signing out of iCloud on my iPhone, iPad and Mac Mini seems to have helped a little.

Don't use Podcasts so can't verify that step but have had issues installing new apps from the App Store. Similarly Safari has frozen a few times and Passbook has also crashed when trying to view precious Apple Pay transactions.

Some of the apps won't launch when tapping on them either (takes several goes).