Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
I have wifi on
I have cellular on auto
I have it connected to my Note 5

All of the below is sporadic which isn't helping troubleshoot things. I only bought it because the Gear S I've had for nearly 2 years was good but not great. The Gear S would only Autoforward Effectively about 60% of the time. When it worked it was great. Very functional.

Back to the Urbane:

When I leave the house it shows disconnected. WTF. There are times even inside my house like right now with my phone next to me it shows disconnected.

OK Google is only about 30% effective and often comes back that there's no connection. Then there are times where it works very fast and others where it lags and says "still trying". ARHHHH!!!!

HELP as I'm about to return this thing to AT&T.

Thanks!

Last edited:

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
I would factory reset the watch and try again . If the issue persists, I would return the watch.

That said, I'm having problems with my Gear S. On my Note 3, on the stock Lollipop 5.0 rom, everything works fine. On a Note 5 5.1.1 rom, auto call forwarding fails everytime, but everything else works fine. On an S7 Edge Marshmallow rom, the Gear S will pair and connect fine initially, but the phone won't reconnect automatically after coming back in bluetooth range. It has to be manually connected on the phone through the Gear Manager.

All this leads me to believe that something seems to be up with Marshmallow on Samsung devices.

Last edited:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
I finally resolved it.
  • Cleared the cache and memory within Google Play Services
  • Disconnected my phone from Android Wear and deleted Android Wear from my Note 5
  • Restored my watch via factory reset.
  • Reinstalled Android Wear and proceeded with the set up instructions again
I initially tried just Google Play Services and clearing things out but that didn't work. Had to remove everything and start over. So far so good!

Now when I walk away from my phone out of BT Range if they are not on the same wifi it will disconnect and then reconnect via LTE. Knock on wood nothing gets screwed up down the road. Overall it only took 20 minutes to remove and get back up and running again though. Seems faster than it was doing the same thing with my Gear S.
[doublepost=1469142828][/doublepost]
I would factory reset the watch and try again . If the issue persists, I would return the watch.

That said, I'm having problems with my Gear S. On my Note 3, on the stock Lollipop 5.0 rom, everything works fine. On a Note 5 5.1.1 rom, auto call forwarding fails everytime, but everything else works fine. On an S7 Edge Marshmallow rom, the Gear S will pair and connect fine initially, but the phone won't reconnect automatically after coming back in bluetooth range. It has to be manually connected on the phone through the Gear Manager.

All this leads me to believe that something seems to be up with Marshmallow on Samsung devices.

As a follow up, I upgraded to Marshmallow aka 6.x on my Note 5 and my Gear S has so far done quite well. I'm going to re-install the Gear Software in hopes of being able to use both the Gear S and my Urbane 2. I do know what you mean though in terms of it not always automatically call forwarding. Not sure if you can use the AT&T NumberSync functionality with it. I may look into doing that and then just simply disable auto call forwarding in the Gear Manager. Not sure if it will all work but I think it should do just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.