So, since yesterday. After plugging in an iPod Touch with an official Lighting to USB-C cable, the cable itself began acting very strange. It's in great shape, but might take up to 10 minutes before charging any iOS device. And so just this morning, after plugging my iPad Pro into the MacBook Pro, I left the room, and when I came back a few moments later, I smelled a very strong burnt plastic odor... After that, OS X Sierra was acting very strangely. So I decided to do a reboot, and that was it. I could no longer boot back into OS X. What's worse is, now the machine has lost all power, and the only thing I can get at this point is the "dead battery please charge" screen. My large charger that plugs the MacBook Pro into the wall has the same smell on one end of the USBC cord, and there's also a foul smell on the top right USBC port on the mbp. So I can only get the "dead battery" screen when plugging in a 3rd party USB3 to USBC cable from a 2.2Amp brick tablet charger. I tried resetting the SMC, but I don't think it's working well since the battery can't be completely drained on this new mbp. I'd love to unplug the internal battery, but this stupid thing is sealed with microscopic star ⭐️ shaped screws... wtf apple... Anyone have some advice on how to drain the damn battery? Thanks --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2017 --- Sigh... I feel like I'm dealing with Hackintosh issues on TonyMac.