new user/ 2 iphones 1 computer sync help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dolan1025, May 14, 2011.

1. dolan1025 macrumors newbie

hi all,

i have a iphone 3gs and my girl has a 3g iphone. We only have 1 comp and i think you can sync 2 phones to 1 computer........well i plugged mine in and named it differently from hers obviously but then it automatically started syncing all her apps on to my phone and i do not want that. i only want my stuff on my phone---music/apps/contacts etc.... how do you do it?

thanks

2. dolan1025 thread starter macrumors newbie

nobody knows???????? c'mon, help a new guy out. geez. rough group

3. gsteel1028 macrumors newbie

me too

For months I've been asking the same question with no satisfactory answer. I spoke w apple people and as far as I can tell the process of avoiding identical contacts and apps one must go thru EACH contact and app to select what is to be synced on the 2nd phone. This is ridiculous and I can't believe Apple (THE user friendly)would not have an easier solution. I've been all over the web and not 1 suggestion has panned out. I would think this is an extremely common problem and I'd love to hear the solution.

4. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Hold ALT when you launch iTunes or you could just have 2 user accounts in Windows if your on a PC.

5. gsteel1028 macrumors newbie

I appreciate help but what happens if I press ALT when I launch itunes? How will that help?.............you also suggest "just have 2 user accounts"......I have no idea how to do that.......if I did would the 2 user accounts have separate contacts and separate apps?..............so discouraged!