New User...A few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by md1626, Jul 4, 2007.

1. md1626 macrumors newbie

I just bough a MacBook Pro 15" SR from the Apple Store. But I have a few questions. First off how do I found out if I got an LG or Samsung LED Screen, and what is battery calibration everyone has been talking about, and how do I do it?

Typing right now from my new MacBook Pro :)

Edit: Also how do I check fan speeds and cpu heat, what program should I use?

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

3. md1626 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok turneg101 you did not help at all, not only does that not help but its not even the right computer.

To the other 2 thanks, that helps but I still am unsure of what the battery calibration is and how do i do it, also how do i find out what screen I have LG or Samsung

Thanks

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

To calibrate your battery All you do is fully charge it, run it all the way down (without charging it) and then charge it all the way back up. It should now be calibrated. Coconut Battery is a nice app for keeping tabs on how your battery's doing.

As for teh LCD, I think you can check the model number in Apple menu>About This Mac>More Info>Display. Not too sure though.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

There's some information here about how to go about calibrating your battery.

6. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I remember seeing a nice article the other day comparing the two MBP LCD's side by side. I just can't seem to find it now. If anyone knows what I'm talking about plz post the link.

7. milk242 macrumors 6502a

for checking LG or Samsung go to sys pref->display->color tab->open profile->scroll down to apple display make and model info
    96c7 - LG
    96c8 - Samsung (I think)

8. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

Congrats on the new MBP, you will love it and macrumors is a great forum for all your answers

9. md1626 thread starter macrumors newbie

Loving the new MBP, just a quick question what are average temperatures?