New User and I need help!!! lol

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphun, Nov 30, 2009.

1. iphun macrumors newbie

Ok so I bought a 3G yesterday with the intention of unlocking it for TMOBILE...
    I get home and the phone is already unlocked by the person I bought it from. So I decided to restore it to get rid of all their information and what not...
    When I did this it froze... like not the kind you can just simply reboot and fix...
    So early this morning I found how to restore it through itunes and now it is asking me to connect to Itunes and also says no sim installed on the screen...
    I left it unattended while at work came home to begin the unlock provess with
    redsn0w and 3.0 firmware but when I open redsn0w and browse for the firmware it wont find it in the file location

What should I do? download the jailbreak software for the latest version that I am GUESSING is installed on the phone currently? If so, what version is that? My itunes is up to date im pretty sure (iTunes 9?)

Thanks so much ya'll! sorry its soo long!

2. murano macrumors member

Check the tutorials on iclarified.com You may even use redsn0w to hacktivate it. ( Activating without At&t sim)