New User Excitement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iViking, Jun 29, 2012.

1. iViking macrumors 6502

What does it mean when you get your new MBPr and are enjoying working for hours on it, then come here to read about other user experiences?

It's as though it's such an exciting computing experience you want to share with others in that experience.

Know what I mean?

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Nope. :)

3. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I am still waiting on mine to arrive. I come here to read about others and live vicariously through them...lol

4. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Yes I know what you mean. :D
    I am glued to this computer!

5. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

That's basically what I meant! I did while waiting for mine, too, and then once I got it the excitement continued. I'm sure you'll have a similar experience!

I kind of expected lame posts like the one before yours, but my point is that this is an exciting computer and I'm enjoying it and excited to read about others enjoying it, also.

I'm a happy optimist!

----------

:)

Did you get the base model?

Working in Aperture and watching stuff on Netflix is great! The speakers are awesome for a thin laptop, or any laptop, for that matter!

6. maswriter macrumors member

maswriter

I do. There is a social aspect to computing where people like to compare their gear, share ideas, and help each other solve problems. I see the same thing among people with lots of interests, such as owners of vintage cars. A burger place in our community has a Tuesday night car night where owners would bring out their old cars and show them off, admire each other's handiwork, and just relax with people who have something in common with them.

There is definitely a social aspect to Mac computers - especially since people have strong emotions towards them. The great thing about this forum is that you have a place to share ideas with other Mac users or to socialize - just like the antique car people do.

So relax, listen, learn, share, and have fun.

7. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I got the base model with 16gb of ram. I am really looking forward to it. I will be using it as my personal and work laptop. I am going to retire the corporate Dell box supplied to me and run Windows in a VM instead.

8. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

Thoughtful post -- thanks for sharing!

----------

You're going to love it!

9. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Yes, I did get the base model. I watch movies for about 4-5 hours straight and it was wonderful. My 2010 mbp gets really hot and the fan was always on.

ETA: the trackpad clicks seem to be more solid on this one too.

10. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

How has your battery been with the base model while watching movies?

11. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the base model too and have watched a few movies on here and love it! I guess 8 GB ram will suffice!