new user help: date, alarm etc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lorcar, Jun 22, 2016.

1. lorcar macrumors member

hi everyone, got a new iphone 6 ten days ago, still struggling on the following points, need your help:

1- how to add the date on the home screen?

2- how to show at what time the alarm is set, without going into the alarm itself?

3- I have muted some whatsapp groups, but the counter on the icon of the app still shows the number of unread messages, even for the muted group (I am talking about the general Whatsapp icon I have on the homescreen, that counter)

thanks in advance

regards

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

1) If you have the calendar app icon on the home screen that will show the date and the day. Alternatively if you swipe down from the top of the screen and bring down the Notification Center the date and the day will be shown in the Today section/tab there.

2) There might be some widget to show what the alarm is set to (accessible from the Today section/tab in the Notification Center), but other than that it's really down to just going into the Clock app to see the alarms that might be set.

3) You might have to check WhatsApp settings to see what controls it might offer for something like that, and whether or not muted groups would still show up with unread messages (just without an alert for them basically).