new user imac 27" a window frame only

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rogerbottrell, Jul 2, 2014.

1. rogerbottrell macrumors member

on any screen i use..i somehow put it there cannot find anything on how to get rid of it.......make any sense to anyone...........???(fat fingers i am guessing) cant be that big of deal but it has been 5 days now......thanks

2. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Just a guess but....

I am guessing you have a trackpad. Did you accidentally make the gesture to show your desktop?

You do that by spreading your thumb and 3 fingers in an outward motion. Go into your system preferences and select trackpad (if in fact this is what you did) and watch the little video tutorial of how to recreate that gesture.

Attached Files:

3. simsaladimbamba

Can you make a screenshot and attach it to your next coherent post?

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

4. rogerbottrell thread starter macrumors member

coherent? are you nuts?

i called apple.we jumped through 10 or so gyrations without success he checked with his shift daddy and apparently through a series of fat finger magic moves on my part i caused some short cut key strokes to put a tick in a rectangle display option .....somewhere maybe on the display------so fixed......and if i was coherent i could have figured out myself but like you i cant very well figure out my ex wife.(now that is incoherent for thank you so much...?

5. simsaladimbamba

Then what you have experienced might have either been STICKY KEYS (System Preferences > Accessibility > Keyboard) or VOICE OVER (System Preferences > Accessibility > Voice Over) or maybe something else entirely.

Mac sure to follow the Helpful Information link I posted earlier, as it will make you learn Mac OS X the easy way, and if you have an hour or two, watch this very, very helpful videos for newcomers to Mac OS X: