New user in the mac book pro? Help!!!

Enea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Dear Users,

when I opened my mac book pro today I found apart fro me (I am the administrator and no body has had in hands this laptop) there is another user with name and surname.
How could that happen?
I must add that the computer was protected with a password which showed immediately after switching the computer on...
Is it a hacker?
I deleted his account as a whole from the computer at Settings-User and Groups- and on the left there were some +- and settings sign.
I also called Apple, but they couldn't give any suggestion how and who was the hacker.
How to restet the MacBokPro?
What can I do more to protect my laptop and prevent future guests?

Many thanks!!!

Last edited:

chanyitian

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2012
Dear Users,

when I opened my mac book pro today I found apart fro me (I am the administrator and no body has had in hands this laptop) there is another user with name and surname.
How could that happen?
I must add that the computer was protected with a password which showed immediately after switching the computer on...
Is it a hacker?
I deleted his account as a whole from the computer at Settings-User and Groups- and on the left there were some +- and settings sign.
I also called Apple, but they couldn't give any suggestion how and who was the hacker.
How to restet the MacBokPro?
What can I do more to protect my laptop and prevent future guests?

Many thanks!!!
is your laptop 100% brand new?

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
That's what we need to know here...Did you buy your Pro new? Or (I'm guessing ) second hand.

If it is second hand, don't worry, you can re-install lion in due course. First thing yo do:

Open system preferences > sharing.

Untick all shared resources.

when you have done that, consider making a boot USB Lion install disk, instructions here:

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/08/apple-releases-utility-to-create-lion-recovery-usb-key/

Backup any critical data, email addresses, etc, don't worry about purchased apps, they can be downloaded again.

Post back if you want to proceed with a clean wipe / install of Lion.

Comment

Enea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
New! Packed! From the store! :(
Even the mail app wasn't set yet.
Two weeks old only.
No physical access by other people.

----------

I do not see any changes made on this computer.
everything is as I have left, only the new account... which i deleted immediately without even opening it...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.