New user - photo booth, not working.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hej jeg er klam, Jul 25, 2011.

1. hej jeg er klam macrumors newbie

I have made a new user on my macbook. And photo booth, is not working, so i can't take any pictures, or make videos. Both photo booth and safari, is showing as an question mark, down at the dock, and i dont understand why. And i can't find photo booth in the "finder". Do you know how i can make it work? :):).

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you looked inside the Applications folder in Finder (CMD+SHIFT+A)?

3. hej jeg er klam thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version do you use and how long have you had the MacBook?
    And where is Safari and Photo Booth located on your working user?

5. hej jeg er klam thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know, what does it mean? I think i have had it for about 2 years. I think they are under finder, and applications? :confused:

6. simsaladimbamba

When logged into your account, open a new Finder window and press CMD+F to open the search field. Enter "Safari" and look at the bottom of your Finder window to see where it is located after you selected the Safari application - you have to enable the Path Bar (Menu Bar > View > Show Path Bar).
    Do the same for Photo Booth. If they both are in the Applications folder (CMD+SHIFT+A), they should be accessible in that other user too.

I could assist you with TeamViewer if you want.

7. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

You say you made a "new user". If you log in as an "old user", is Photo Booth available? It's possible you somehow moved it to the user folder instead of applications. Otherwise, it sounds like it has been deleted.