Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
1.) Just signed up for the Apple Music trial and am asking Siri to play Artist XYZ and it begins playing a song. Just curious, how does it determine which Song to play when doing this?

2.) With my account, is there a limit to how many of my devices I can use this with? I have an Apple Watch, iPhone, AppleTV, MacBook Pro, iPad, iMac. Can I use it with all of these different devices?

Thanks.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
how does it determine which Song to play when doing this?
You asked for a random song. It plays a random song.
how many of my devices I can use this with?
If you have an individual membership, only one device at a time. If you have a family membership, I believe a full family of 6 can play on up to 6 devices at a time using their individual Apple IDs and a single device allowed each.

Reactions: kat.hayes

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
You asked for a random song. It plays a random song.

If you have an individual membership, only one device at a time. If you have a family membership, I believe a full family of 6 can play on up to 6 devices at a time using their individual Apple IDs and a single device allowed each.

So I can use it on my AppleTV and when I stop using it there I can continue using it on my phone and when I stop there I can use it on another device, etc.? Just not two devices at the same time? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.