New user: Reminders with multiple calendars

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by BigSmith, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BigSmith macrumors newbie

Hello all,

The iPhone 5 is my very first iPhone and I'm loving it. I was sent the invite through Google calendar in order to get the office calendar on my phone. This calendar can only be edited by the office scheduler, but needs to be accessible to be viewed by various other staff like myself.

When I tell Siri to set a reminder (like remind me to take something out of the oven in 15 minutes), I always get an error message. Can this be from me not being able to edit the office calendar that's on my phone? If so, how do I get around this? The office calendar contains everything I need, so I don't have a second personal calendar or anything and there's no way I can have access to edit the work calendar. I'm sure this problem might have been sovled elsewhere, but I don't think I'm searching for the right thing to find the solutions.

Thanks in advanced and the reminder feature is very useful, but I can't get it to work! I had a crappy Droid before so I didn't even bother putting a calendar on it because it was always messing up (I carried pocket cards instead haha).

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Create another calendar you can use.

Easiest is probably the icloud calendar already on the device. Got Settings - Mail, Contact and Calendars and change your default calender to icould.

Don't worry you will still see your work calendar in the calendar app, it just means that now if you create any events they will be added to the icloud calendar and not try to be added to your work calendar.

3. BigSmith thread starter macrumors newbie