New user to aperture

Discussion in 'iMac' started by splatterific, Jul 31, 2012.

1. splatterific macrumors member

Recently got my iMac and purchased aperture. I would really like to get more into photo editing for personal enjoyment. I figured aperture would probably work best for me and what I'm looking to accomplish. Was wondering what would best suit me. I have a track pad and mouse but, I hear that one of those bamboo tablets are the only way to go. Does anyone have input of the necessity of one of those? Is it necessary and would it really be facilitated for me being I'm not really using ps?

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

The Apple forums have a forum specific to Aperture, you may also want to post there. That is where most of the Aperture gurus hang out. Also please be specific about exactly what iMac you have and the version of OS X it is running. That is important stuff!

https://discussions.apple.com/community/professional_applications/aperture

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

You can do a lot without a tablet; try what you've got and if it ends up limiting your ability to get work done then check out tablets. Or edit some stuff on an iPad....

If you are doing photo editing as in using a photo as a background for painting, that's one use; if you're doing photo editing, as in a little dodging and burning, that's another. We don't know what you intend so it's hard to say if it will help. Aperture isn't really geared toward the former use anyway.