Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fnp74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I know that I am way behind everyone else but I have a dumb question. If I download an App on the Ipod touch, will the entire program be there to access or will I need an internet connection every time that I want to use it?

Thanks for your help

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
It will always be there once it's downloaded. If it needs internet access, it will be unusable without it, obviously.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
It will always be there once it's downloaded. If it needs internet access, it will be unusable without it, obviously.

What imaketouchtheme is specifically saying is that:

Once you download an App from the App Store, it will be accessible to you on the iPod Touch. The download of course would require WiFi access to download the App. After that point, you will not require WiFi to access the App, as it is stored on the iPod Touch flash memory (8, 16, 32, or 64 GB - depending on the model) If the App requires WiFi access after the downloading it, then it requires WiFi access. (This may happen if certain features need WiFi or if you download in-app purchases.)

If the App Store reports updates for the specific app, you will need to be connected to WiFi in order to download the updates from the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.