new user!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jigar201, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jigar201 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

Sorry for being very naive, but i was just wondering what is the application shown in the pic? I looked here and there but didnt manage to get to view photos in cover flow in full screen.. please if someone can guide me.. thanks!!!

[​IMG]

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

That's actually video, not images. It's iMovie '09.

If you want to browse photos with CoverFlow, just go to the finder and select the CoverFlow view option near the top of the window.

You can then use the triple white lines above the horizontal scroller to adjust the size of the CoverFlow effect.

3. jigar201 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Also, many new folks make this mistake the first time out...but make sure to put a more informative subject title for your post. It helps those who want to help know if they can help.

A lot of people will skip over the post if they don't know what it's about.

Best, and welcome to Macrumors...

Brian

5. mylo83 macrumors newbie

Help! how to download a youtube clip to imovie?

Hi, first post and I think I did it wrong :eek: , but I am working on a projected and wanted to add a youtube clip to my imovie any suggestion how to download from youtube into imovie?

Please and Thank you,

6. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

There's many ways to download from YouTube, just google it. If you're on Firefox, 1-Click YouTube Downloader is a good one and nicely and subtly integrated into the YouTube site.

7. mylo83 macrumors newbie

Thanks, I am on safari I did google it and it gave me a tip of command+option A , i tried it but it was not the right option. i will keep trying but if you got any leads send em my way!

8. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Try this, its a desktop version. I've never used it, but I did used to have a good one, stopped using it after I found the firefox add-on, wish I could remember what it was called. But just do a google search for "youtube downloader mac" and flick through the results.

9. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I always use Command+Option+A, then double click the M4V or FLV file and it downloads right away like any old file.

Of course, then there's Mactubes which I especially appreciate on my PowerMac G4 when certain Youtube videos are a little chop suey. Mactubes allows you to search, watch and download any video in any available format.

10. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I believe in Safari there's a way to bring up the page properties, then find the clip that is embedded there. You can then click on it, and download it. I don't remember the exact stips, but if you've never watched "The Apple Byte" on cnet, give it a look, it was on last weeks episode I think...maybe the week before.

Brian

11. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto