New v470 is kind of jumpy

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aldog, Mar 26, 2008.

1. aldog macrumors regular

I just got myself a Logitech v470 Bluetooth mouse (in white) (20$ after MIR) and it seems a little jumpy. I'll be trying to move the cursor downwards on the screen and it will move a couple of inches and then jump back up to it's original position, and it will do this multiple times in a row. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Where did you get the v470 for $20?

3. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

i've got one, it's really nice and doesn't jump at all. did you get a refurb? maybe it's doa.

4. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

nope it's not a refurbished, so that's not the problem. I have my phone connected to my macbook pro with bluephoneelite, from what I've read having 2 things connected isn't a problem, but just thought I'd point it out.

here, read this for where I went for the 20$ v470 http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=113178&t=775130

(i guess it's 15$, didn't realize...could be 5$ if you're a first time google checkout user)

5. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

i also bought the v470 for $20. i havent had any problems with it yet. connects smoothly and functions flawlessly. maybe check the settings of your mouse.

6. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

ijimmy, are you using the logitech control center to connect to your mouse?

7. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

Yes, it come with the software, but I dowloaded it from the website. After messing around with the settings, the wheel school doesn't lag and the sensitivity is much better

8. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

9. StvRndy macrumors member

I have similar problem. Its really annoying actually. Is there anyway to solve this issue?

10. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't have the logitech program installed anymore, I just go off of the mac bluetooth connection. I think that mostly solved my problems.
    if you've done the same and still have problems post back and I'll check out my settings

11. StvRndy macrumors member

Without the Logitech Control Center, the mouse tracking speed cannot be adjusted. By default, the tracking speed is really faster than I would prefer. By having the LCC software, the tracking speed can be adjusted to the speed I am comfortable with.
    Would you show me the screenshot of your mouse setting? I really need to fix the delay or jumpy problem as it is really annoying.

12. xanda macrumors newbie

xanda

I have the same v470 mouse but have used plenty of others with my mac mini.

The problem you are describing appears to be one that a large number of Mac users experience. If you want a more holistic explanation see the following:
    http://db.tidbits.com/article/8893
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Mouse_Tracking_Speed

Used on a Windows XP machine, my v470 is sharp and quick. Using it on the Mac however is a totally different experience... It's either fast and inaccurate or slow and well, a bit pants really!

It gets so bad that sometimes browsing through menus becomes a champion test of endurance - and don't get me started on playing minesweeper... :mad:

It really needs Apple to look into changing the way their algorithm works and finding a way to suit all users - not just the Mac lovers on cloud-9 who think that everything non-Windoze is inherently perfect.

In my experience, using LCC is the best bet but without LCCDaemon running (see your login items list). NB: every time the LCC is invoked from within System Preference, the LCCDaemon is replaced in the login items list. :confused:

:apple: Mac mini G4 1.4GHz 1GB.
    :apple: Tiger 10.4.11

13. The Monkey macrumors 6502

I just received the 470 the other day, and I despise it. I have tried several programs and also just let the Mac manage the speed to no avail.

What is the best wireless mouse out there for Mac? No longer matters to me if it isn't BT.

14. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

crazy. i have a 470 with lcc loaded and it works flawlessly. every so often i get a piece of lint or something in the laser and it gets jumpy, but that's easy enough to fix. i play games and everything else and it's precise.

i don't use it in windows at all tho, just os x.

15. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

Don't give up, the v470 is a sweet mouse, I've only been using it and I love it. and I've came to be pretty picky about my mice.
    just work out the bugs and it will turn into a great mouse.

[​IMG]

Mine's starting to get a little jumpy right now, but I partially think that's because of everything I have running, plus i haven't replaced the batteries in a good 4-5 months. and I always forget to shut it off.

16. The Monkey macrumors 6502

USB Overdrive is helping a bit. I'll put in some fresh batteries and see if that helps, too. Maybe these batts. are duds.

17. xanda macrumors newbie

xanda

The V470 is certainly worth hanging on to but the settings here don't really solve the 'problem'. They do provide the best performance for this mouse (and I dare say others too) on a Mac, but it doesn't change the fact that Mac mouse response is below par if you prefer to have faster operation.