New Verizon Customer, Order at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ayeying, Sep 14, 2015.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It seems like probably I'll be able to go and pick up a phone at Apple however, I'm currently with T-Mobile and thinking of switching to Verizon.

As a new customer, can I go and buy a Verizon phone at Apple or does it have to be with Verizon.com/Store?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you want Apple Care buy from Apple with interest free financing and then you can change back to T-Moble (or AT&T/Sprint or whoever) if you decided.

3. rockitdog Suspended

Why are you jumping from t-mobile to Verizon out of curiosity?

4. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

I think I'm confusing you guys. I mean can I order directly from Apple as a new Verizon customer? I understand I can get a phone at Apple but all my options that I see are if I'm a current customer.

T-Mobile's signal strength and service is pretty subpar. I get average 5Mbps in 90% of the areas. Most indoor buildings I have issues with getting a reliable data connection. Surprisingly, phone service has been amazing. I can easily make a call with 1 bar and on EDGE but beyond that, no go. Majority of the times in semi-crowded malls, my data just does not work at all.

I contacted T-Mobile about it and all they complain to me is that I'm deprioritized and that's why I'm having these issues. However, even when I'm not, like day 1 of a new cycle, I still get the same problems. During lunch time at work, I don't even bother trying to watch 30 minutes of Hulu because I just cannot connect even with 5 bars LTE.

5. rockitdog Suspended

Deprioritized? Sounds like you live in a pretty remote location. I'm in the Twin Cities and get T-Mo coverage almost everywhere - buildings are problematic but 90% are still ok. At work I am only 1 bar (or dot) of LTE and stream without any real issues.

6. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

Not remote at all. I live in the SF Bay Area. It's not I don't get signal. I don't get reliable signal with a reasonable data transfer rate.

And T-Mobile deprioritizes you if you go over 21GB of data usage in a month on their Unlimited LTE plan.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

Yes, you can buy from Apple. Go forth and purchase.

8. rockitdog Suspended

I'm at 20 GB and my data cycle isn't until 9/21 so I guess I'll find out. I'm in Minneapolis so this should be interesting.

9. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

Shouldn't be an issue. Verizon will give you discounts for bringing your own device as well. If all else fails call Verizon and talk to them when adding it. They have always gone above and beyond in helping me get things sorted out and cleared up.

10. angelrivz macrumors newbie

During your purchase, you can start your new verizon line, you can even port your number over from Verizon, as long as your contract with T-Mobile is over.

11. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

I have no contracts with T-Mobile and my phone was paid in full after 3 months. I don't think I'll have any trouble switching but switching with a new phone I'm not sure about especially with the pre-orders and everything going on