New Verizon iPhone question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the1aboveall, Jan 27, 2011.

1. the1aboveall, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

the1aboveall macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums so please forgive me if my question has been answered already. I have looked through the forum and didn't find my answer. Maybe I should go to a Verizon forum as well but here it goes...

My contract is up with Sprint so if I were to say buy a Verizon droid on the 31st of Jan. or 1st of the Feb. would I be able to take the phone back on the 3rd of Feb. and purchase an iPhone? Technically I'd be already be a Verizon customer and I'd still be in my 14 day return policy?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

2. steven10093 macrumors newbie

No! Because that is just way to much work to do that theres the 35$ restocking fee. AND your upgrade may not change right away it usually takes a while.

3. Dsync macrumors member

I don't work for verizon or anyting... but I'm gonna take a guess and say no.

You would be signing your 2 year agreement when buying the Droid and so they wouldn't let you get the i4 at the promotional price of $199. (Or at least I don't think they would.)

I would just hold out for another 14 days until the i4 releases on the 10th! (Reserve on the 3rd)

4. the1aboveall thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I figured. Thanks for the quick responses. It's much appreciated.

5. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

This would be better asked on a Verizon forum or their own customer service line

6. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

The VWZ Community is worthless. Every single thread, I have made there has been hijacked within 1 or 2 posts, so don't use the official VZW forum.

7. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

Why do you think you could get away with that and how is that fair for other VZW customers who have been there longer, you're really going to waste that amount of time to get a phone youre going to return.. when you can just wait till the 10th like everyone else? :rolleyes:

8. tbaker00 macrumors member

In my opinion I think this might be wrong.

Even signing the 2 year contract with a droid you can return the phone if you do not like it and get a different phone since you are within the alloted time for returns (which I think is 30 days not 14). Which means you should be able to, and rightfully so, return it and get the iphone, since the return policy doubtfully says anything about returning it for a certain phone (iphone).

I did this with a bb storm and then seen that the bb storm 2 was coming out before my 30 days was up and was able to get the storm 2. So I do not see why this would be any different. Except it is kinda cheating the system, and not fair for verizon people that have been waiting years for this.

9. the1aboveall thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not a big deal, it was a simple question. If you had nothing further to add, honestly why reply? :rolleyes: