New Verizon iPhone X Won't Restore From ATT Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kngelv, Nov 4, 2017.

1. kngelv macrumors member

As the title says I purchased a Verizon X and am trying to use it on ATT with the sim from an ATT 6+. Calling and texting works fine but when connected to iTunes and trying to restore from a backup it either says "software corrupted" or "incompatible with new device". Any ideas? Thanks.

James

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Has nothing to do with AT&T. Sounds like an issue with iOS levels. What iOS is on your 6+, did you have any betas? Also what level of iTunes are you using, you need the latest to support the iPhone X.

You can go from an older level on your 6+ to the iPhone X but you can't go from a newer iOS to an older iOS.

Dave

3. kngelv thread starter macrumors member

ios 11.1 on 6+ and 11.01 on X. Will try this. Thanks.

James

4. rantor49 macrumors 6502

Yep. Upgrade your iphone x to 11.1, then reset all settings and content. then setup and restore from itunes or icloud backup.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68040

For sure it’s an issue with 11.1 trying to update to 11.01. I will say updating the new x to 11.1 prior to any restore is hard. Have to activate and do newish then update and THEN restore

6. kngelv thread starter macrumors member

It’s working now. Thanks everyone.

James

7. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

I had a similsr issue trying to restore from a backup that was done from my 7 Plus on 11.0.1 to my X which was also on 11.0.1. The restore from backup wouldn't work until I updated the X to 11.1. Strange, but it worked!