Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
Got mine working. For some reason my icon was initially invisible. If you installed it and see it in Cydia but can't see the icon, install poof or use sbsettings to unhide it. Should work.

Thanks for the help dhlizard.

na300zx

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Got mine working. For some reason my icon was initially invisible. If you installed it and see it in Cydia but can't see the icon, install poof or use sbsettings to unhide it. Should work.

Thanks for the help dhlizard.

This is so weird, its listed in sbsettings as on. But where is it hiding? lol

Maybe i should remove Winterboard through Cydia, then SSH the WB .deb file back in leave mobilesubstrate alone?

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008

Maybe i should remove Winterboard through Cydia, then SSH the WB .deb file back in leave mobilesubstrate alone?

If you updated mobilesubstrate leave it alone maybe something didn't install correctly on WinterBoard.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009

Try turning it off and then on. (in sbsettings)

na300zx

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
SUCCESS!! :) I just reinstalled it and there she goes, waiting for me on my Springboard. Thank you so much for the help guys, this was all I was waiting for to complete my 3GS JB. :D Now where is a good place to get some themes from?

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
SUCCESS!! :) I just reinstalled it and there she goes, waiting for me on my Springboard. Thank you so much for the help guys, this was all I was waiting for to complete my 3GS JB. :D Now where is a good place to get some themes from?

modmyi.com and macthemes2.net

na300zx

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
i found the reason for the disappearing Winterboard Icon. It disappears when you install WBSettings, and comes back after removing it. Just a little FYI for others if they run into the same problem.

superxero3

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
For those of you stuck in safe mode and unable to access cydia.

go to safari and type "cydia://", and it will open.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
how long does it take to execute the command when installing via ssh?

mine is sitting there for a good 2minutes now.

edit: ok took around 5minutes to install. Phone restarts on its own and goes straight into safe mode. restart sprinboard again and boots into normal mode and winterbaord works fine now :D

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

In Cydia now. At least mobilesubstrate is, I was prompted for the update.

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
Just saw winterboard update on cydia so will install and let you all know how it went - FYI I have DBS installed so hopefully there won't be anyconflicts like I have heard of....

*EDIT*

wow! Works beautifully although have never used it before so very happy with just changing background. How do I change icon images to what I want?

aldude

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Just saw winterboard update on cydia so will install and let you all know how it went - FYI I have DBS installed so hopefully there won't be anyconflicts like I have heard of....

*EDIT*

wow! Works beautifully although have never used it before so very happy with just changing background. How do I change icon images to what I want?

I can also confirm it works through Cydia on the 3GS (32GB), just downloaded iGlass... nice! Glad I don't have to poke about with command lines. No idea what is good or not though so would appreciate some pointers in the right direction!

jdk2

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2008
Southport, NC

*EDIT*

Either add a theme through Cydia or SSH into your phone and add one manually.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
The Cydia version is actually a newer version than the one people manually SSH on the 6th.

mobilesubstrate_0.9.2957-1_iphoneos-arm -- July 6th
mobilesubstrate_0.9.2958-1_iphoneos-arm -- July 7th

jb40967

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
Where's the link for iPhoneTunnel help?

HOW TO INSTALL :
SSH into iPhone – using iPhoneTunnel if your on Windows , Cyberduck if your on MacOS. Read here how to use iPhoneTunnel

:confused:
There is no link in this post for help with iPhoneTunnel. Does anyone have instructions? I also tried their website but their help docs are not in english. Thanks.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
:confused:
There is no link in this post for help with iPhoneTunnel. Does anyone have instructions? I also tried their website but their help docs are not in english. Thanks.

Just update it in Cydia.

oakiegu007

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
No you have to install them either using a terminal program on your mac/PC or type the commands directly from mobile terminal on the iPhone (assuming you have installed that).

Either way will work. Doing via SSH allows you to cut and paste the commands.

Enigma, I'm not sure you can do it on mobile terminal. I had to do it from my computer. I'm not sure mobile terminal grants you super user / admin access... obviously you can with the terminal on your computer.

In the end I just used cyberduck to send the command to my iphone. Had this up an running at around midnight by the way. Everything works like a charm!

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
I installed winterboard via cydia just a bit ago., yet no icon for it is showing up. I've rebooted, yet nothing. What can I do?

stlblufan

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
New York City
for those of you with a "missing" winterboard icon, the new version installs a control panel applet under settings. one of the available toggles is "show icon". this is, by default, set to "off". if you want an icon, turn it on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.