New Version - New Finish?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dropkickmurphys, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dropkickmurphys macrumors newbie

Will the new iPod Touch (rumored to release in Sept.) feature this new finish as seen on the new iPhones? Is this finish even that big of an improvement or something to look out for? I've not seen a lot of people talking about it, but I know that it interests me. Nothing more annoying than a couple of scratches on your shiny finish. Especially considering the amount of game time I'll be spending on it.

Also I would like some clarification: does the Touch have a mic or is it supported in the jack? I've been very confused by many different posts as to this topic. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

2. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

No official word on that as far as I know, though I have heard about it on the iPhone. I don't see why it won't. It basically makes the device water/oil resistant.

3. JoshJosh117, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

it has support for a mic through the jack but it does not have one built in. there are rumors saying that the new one will have a built in mic but we won't find out until Sept. I personally think the new one will have a built in mic because of the new voice control feature.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I doubt they'll change the back, stainless steel is the 'classic' iPod look that almost every iPod model has had.

No internal mic, just a speaker. A mic's supported in the jack though, so you have to buy either a microphone with a 3.5mm jack on the end or a set of headphones with a mic built in.

6. dropkickmurphys thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd much prefer the iPhone backs as seen here:
    [​IMG]

It's just a better look in my opinion, and nobody likes scratches.

7. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Yes, but people don't like cracks either so both backs have problems. I would personally prefer the iphone 2g back.

8. dropkickmurphys thread starter macrumors newbie

So from the main page article, am I to assume this back isn't actually used on any product currently? Much less a future Touch?