New version of AIM is up!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JordanMiller, Sep 12, 2008.

1. JordanMiller macrumors newbie

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Honestly, this is the best IM app so far. I'm surprised that AOL really stepped up to the plate.

3. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

v1.3 shows up here as available, but when I chose it it comes up with v1.2 and that its already installed :confused:
    Darnit.. maybe it will sort itself out later..

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

unless you live in a country where AIM is barely used - like the UK where MSN is used
    microsoft can't make a decent MSN app on the mac, let alone even bother for the iphone, so we have to use the quite crappy palringo or the terrible (are the servers at their end fixed now?), expensive thing that is mobilechat

5. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Utter rubbish. Just because you and your clutch of chums happen to use msn, that doesn't automatically make it more popular here in the UK.

Back on topic.. I still can't seem to get my mits on v1.3

6. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

Weird - I just looked at the app store on iTunes (US) and my phone and AIM v1.3 is available on both, then checked iTunes (UK) and noted you are, indeed, still stuck with v1.2. Maybe it will be updated later?

7. arubinst macrumors 6502

Wow! That was not a very friendly reply...

I concur with the fact that AIM is not exactly the most popular network. My relatives and friends live in several different countries in Europe, North Central and South America, and they all happen to use MSN

8. tagy macrumors regular

Same for me everyone I know uses MSN, don't know anyone who uses AIM.

ps I use IM+ for MSN which works fine.:)

9. WordLife565 macrumors regular

10. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Sorry, next time I want to inform someone they are talking out of their backside, I'll include a bunch of flowers and a puppy in the post.

I don't know what it is about AIM, but it attracts a lot of Msn users that complain about it. If you use msn, that's just great! Really.. But why they try to mark their territory in the Aim posts is beyond me. I don't see Aim fans doing it in Msn related topics.

Take a look at the Aim reviews on the app store. It's rediculous..

11. DMoney0023 macrumors member

whats the difference between the Free AIM app and the one you have to pay for besides the price?

12. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84