New version of Aperture coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by go-digital, Apr 12, 2013.

1. go-digital macrumors newbie

I just purchased Aperture 3.4.3 from the Mac app store and my receipt lists "Aperture, v3.4.3 (4+) " as the item purchased. I wonder what the (4+) means ...

2. tintifax3k macrumors member

tintifax3k

3. Taank macrumors member

I was hopeful, but....

4+ Contains no objectionable material.

9+ May contain mild or infrequent occurrences of cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence, and mild or infrequent mature, suggestive, or horror-themed content which may not be suitable for children under the age of 9.

12+ May contain frequent or intense cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence, mild or infrequent mature or suggestive themes, mild or infrequent bad language, and simulated gambling which may not be suitable for children under the age of 12.

17+ May contain frequent and intense realistic violence, unrestricted internet access, frequent and intense mature, horror, and suggestive themes; also strong sexual content, nudity, strong language, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs which may not be suitable for children under the age of 17. Whenever an app of this rating is requested for download, a message will appear, verifying if a user is 17 or older, and asking to confirm the purchase for this reason.

4. garycurtis macrumors 6502

I'm wondering the same thing. Need to make a decision about AP vs LR. Though, someone said on one of the camera forums said this: "If Aperture stays the same for 4 more years, it still offers the power and features of LightRoom. It will do the job."

Bravo for that.

5. go-digital thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just an age rating

Too bad ... yeah, I just checked the email receipt for all my other app purchases & they too have the (4+)

Funny, yet sad. Oh well!

6. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Aperture is overdue for an update. But...before you panic, Apple has recently had job postings for software engineers for their Aperture/iLife/iWork groups.

i.e. Aperture ain't dead.