Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farplaner

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
I've been trying to get HD Player Pro the past couple days, but I couldn't find the app. Has it been pulled?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I've been trying to get HD Player Pro the past couple days, but I couldn't find the app. Has it been pulled?

It seems so. This time it surely wasn't Dolby as the devs have already removed AC-3 support. It may have been DTS, Inc. this time.

I'll mail the devs.

CrzyIcE

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2010
Hi,

I got another weird problem.
This video I got from someone else and its recognized as a .mp4, but it has DXVA encoded into it.
Because of this, AVPlayer HD and HD Player Pro can't play it successfully. It would auto stop the video at around 2 minutes while the audio will keep going.
The subtitles also does not seem to be recognized even though it is .srt and same name as the video.

Is there a way I can remove the DXVA from the video without losing quality through the conversion?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hi,

I got another weird problem.
This video I got from someone else and its recognized as a .mp4, but it has DXVA encoded into it.
Because of this, AVPlayer HD and HD Player Pro can't play it successfully. It would auto stop the video at around 2 minutes while the audio will keep going.
The subtitles also does not seem to be recognized even though it is .srt and same name as the video.

Is there a way I can remove the DXVA from the video without losing quality through the conversion?

Yup, it's known to have compatibility problems: http://codecguide.com/faq_dxva.htm

Give a try to software-decoded mode to see whether it's any good. (These players try to play back mp4 files H/W decoded, which doesn't work with DXVA.) Just disable H/W decoding in Settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.