New version of Paintcode out

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by klaxamazoo, May 6, 2014.

1. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/

I've been using Paintcode a lot over the last year and they just released version 2 this week. It looks like they made it significantly easier to integrate the generated code into your projects and the new variables/expression option will save a lot of copy/paste time. Overall, I'm thrilled with the new version.

I know a few people here use Paintcode, but in case you haven't heard of it, Paintcode is a really nice program for generating drawing code directly by drawing (or importing) objects in the application. I've found it much easier than working with compare to file-based image assets and I like how easy it is to dynamically change my UI scheme.

FYI, I don't work for them, I just think it is a nice application that is worth knowing about.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Love PaintCode. New version looks good, but think I'm going to stick with the original for now.

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

I got version 1 through the macheist bundle but it doesn't look like I can update through the Mac App Store.

4. tacotester1 macrumors member

This is Cool I had never heard of Paintcode
    thanks for sharing

5. klaxamazoo thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I can tell, version 2 is a new purchase. i.e. it isn't a point upgrade.