New version of Quicken delayed ... again

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael CM1, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100356

Mother-loving motherlover. I'm still using the version that came on my Mac, which I think is Quicken 2006. I downloaded the Financial Suite beta early on, but it was quite buggy and unusable for any sort of time period. I mean there were features that just weren't activated yet which I use quite often.

I'm glad Intuit is taking time to fix things instead of Microsofting a product out early, but damn is it frustrating. I think it's the last PPC application I have aside from the old Office, which I don't plan on upgrading since I almost never use it. The 2006 version is quite disorganized, using windows for all the accounts instead of the much nicer cover flow view. The Finder-like interface is a welcome change that makes it look a lot more Macish.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I still use Quicken 2003, still does what I need it to do and has not caused me any grief.

I saw that article at AI yesterday too. Intuit has taken quite a bashing around here in recent years, most (but not all) of it deserved. I see the post on their blog as a positive thing and am cautiously optimistic that it will be a decent usable Mac-like product when released - after making the statement they did it had better be or they're gonna get slaughtered by the Mac masses....oh yeah!

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have used Quicken for the Mac since 1991, back when I printed my checks on a LaserWriter II from a Mac SE. I use the 2007 version today with no ill effects and my check register still has all of my entries even though I pay all my bills online now.

I don't need bells and whistles or a portfolio/investment manager... just a basic checkbook register for record keeping and to stay balanced with the bank. It has served me well over the years.

I hope they get things together with their new version... not for me particularly, but for public opinion.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]