New version of QuickTime X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Samuel Gordon, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Samuel Gordon macrumors member

Since the release of QT X, Apple dropped many features originally included in QT 7. I heard it had been just because they had to rewrite it completely and simply didn't have enough time to finish it precisely. But the time is passing by and QT X is still in its version 10.0 lacking many important features :( Have you heard some rumors about QT X major upgrade in the near future?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can still use QuickTime 7 if you want, it's located at Applications / Utilities.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you upgraded from 10.4 or 10.5 and had QuickTime Pro, QuickTime 7 should be in the location spinnerlys indicated. If you didn't have Pro or your computer shipped with 10.6 you can install QuickTime 7 from Optional Installs on the 10.6 retail disc or disc 1 of the gray install DVDs.

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Or download the current 7.6.6 Snow Leopard version from Apple's site: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl923

5. Samuel Gordon thread starter macrumors member

I am aware of that mentioned above. I use Qt 7 for some purposes of course. I just don't believe using both apps is a permanent solution. That's why I was asking about upgrade of X version :)