New vertical MBA dock

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bob Coxner, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

3. LordVic macrumors 601

it's nothing more than a fancy Cradle. price is ok. but it from my understanding only passes through 1 USB port, and doesn't pass through the Thunderbolt, just Mini Display port.

makes for a verticle stand at most. you're still going to be as limited with it. Right concept. flawed implementation

4. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Sorry but that's UGLY. At least the bookarc keeps the Apple upright :)

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Why isn't there a cradle that has next gen plugin capability??? No Thunderbolt once its plugged in even? No USB 3...just crap USB 2 and ancient Firewire!! I would love to be able to actually use my USB 3 drives as high speed drives...instead of crappy USB 2 drives!

6. kegler macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The design will lock you without much option later on....

7. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I like it. Great way to save space on the desk top for folks with space limitations.

9. radge macrumors member

radge

They use Henge brand docks here at my work. The guys who have them are always complaining about how they don't sit tight, and the connection is lost to their monitors. Granted, the ones they're using are for the 13"/15" MBP. Maybe the ones for the MBA will be better?

10. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

I never had a problem with my henge dock for my old MBP. On that note, the henge docks for the MBPs used the MDP cable from the display/adapter, I wonder why they decided not to do that here, that way if you had a thunderbolt cable you would still be ready to go with the dock.

11. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Henge docks are great - I sed them on several previous MBPs. I wont go this route with the Air, bit it wont scratch the unit - read the description - it is rubberized to protect the unit.