New Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SnakeDeath, Apr 19, 2007.

1. SnakeDeath macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

So, I have completed my second music video for my band! Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ZQRxJzcg0

ps. sorry. the only version i have up is on youtube. Hopefully I'll get a better quality version up soon on Juliusairwave.com

Peace

2. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

What type of camera did you use? It's not a bad song, but of course I dont really understand the concept behind the video. Can you explain it? Other than that I thought it looked quite clear-even to be a youtube vid. One thing I would have liked to have seen more is more lip syncing or singing in general by the people in the video to the song being played. It almost looks like a regular homemade video that someone has just decided to put music to in that respect(not the quality, but the production).

Koo though. How long did it take you and where did you get that robot? lol. :)

3. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

dude, I totally tried to watch it before class, but for some reason my Mac Pro isn't playing Youtube videos back correctly. There is some kind of a stall… and they don't play longer than a few seconds.

I have QT set to play flash from the SP panel. Google videos still play fine. WTF??!!

4. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

I used a sony vx2000. The concept is pretty much we're this band and we live in this house with ballons, a robot, and a dancing hotdog (If you saw our live show it might make more sense). We shot it all in a day. I wanted to shoot more and redo things but my band mates thought it was fine. 4 against 1.
    Any who... The hotdog built the robot.

5. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Pretty well done, I enjoyed it! More than a fair amount of talent all around!

Lose the robot, though... :p

7. plokoonpma macrumors member

plokoonpma

8)

It looks nice, the song is very very nice.
    funny.
    Tempted to use audio hijack, lol
    lies...

8. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Thanks for the Google link.

Ya, I thought it was really good. The song was excellent as well. :D

Constructive criticism: It felt a little impersonal, err, detached… maybe. Next time, kinda bring the band in and make sure everyone looks at the camera, like as if the viewer was a person they were interacting with during the song. Do get what I mean? Or it puts the viewer in what I call "the ghost role" where they just kinda float around for a look at the living. :D
    I know it's hard to describe, but it commonly plagues videos, and more so of your genre than say, a rap video, where the guy is in your face the whole time. But that's their little problem. Everyone has one. ;)

Excellent work padawan.

9. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

that stove is exactly like mine.

but nice editing.

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i thought it was very well put together, catchy song too. What did you use to edit? Final Cut?

11. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Yes Sir!

12. SnakeDeath thread starter macrumors newbie

SnakeDeath

Trust me, if I were in complete control it probably would have been more personal. But the lead man was the one with the concept and he had the most control of how it went. But I did have fun working on it though.