New Vita Owner - question!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I've had it since Friday, and I am pretty impressed with this machine. The display is gorgeous, I am happy I waited for the price drop, but not for the lcd version! :)

I am still getting used to the ergonomics of this thing. Haven't found the most comfortable way to hold it while lying in bed, for example. And the shoulder buttons are a little too "loose" for my tase - hard to tell when they trigger.

Big question though: Is it possible to get my PSP games from another region's PSN store on my Vita?

I bought a PSP Go a few years back, when they threw it out for cheap with ten free games. I am in Germany, but the Austrian store had the better selection of free games, so I created an account there. The Vita is connected to my normal German account though. Any way to get those PSP games on there, via the PS3 or a computer?

2. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

It does - thank you.

Not an answer I like though. :(

3. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

The account switching is kind of terrible, but what can you do...:(

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

More questions:

What does that second slot on the top side do, right next to the game card slot?

And could it be that this is the pickiest little bastard ever as far as USB charging goes? Can't hook it up to any of my iPad or iPhone chargers that have switchable plugs for travelling! Spent 3 bucks on a USB adapter that was supposed to fix this, but it barely helps. :mad:

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

The slot is not currently used for anything. Rumor was that it was for a future accessory, but AFAIK nothing has been announced.

As for charging, I haven't had much issue. I generally use the included, but it has also worked with the usb plug that came with my Panasonic Camera.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What happen to the plug it came with...I'm unsure of other plugs as I still use the one it came with.

Bless

7. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

First business trip with the Vita on Friday! Will be gone for a week, with overseas flights - should have some time to play with it! :)

I installed Uncharted, Gravity Rush, LBP, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Stealth Inc, Street Fighter X Tekken and Hotline Miami (3€ on Plus!).

Any good bargains that I should look at before I take off?