New Volume Bar Inconsistent

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by leon44, Sep 30, 2012.

1. leon44 macrumors 6502

leon44

This new metally volume bar in the Music app with the brushed metal circle i thought was quite cool, but for whatever reason the volume bar when you double tap the home button on the lock screen is still the old blue one.
    I dunno if this is lack of attention to detail or if there's a reason for it :/

2. *Calypso* macrumors regular

The reason is that you can control more than just the music app from the lock screen, e.g. Safari or Spotify.

3. leon44 thread starter macrumors 6502

leon44

I get that but surely the system wide volume bar should look the same as the iPod one, as it always has done

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I see what you're saying.. They didn't update the look of the volume slider on the lock screen to match the one in the music app.

5. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Another inconsistencies in iOS6 is the clock. If you look at the Clock icon and then open up the app and look at those clocks they are different. One as square ended hands, the other has tapered hands. Now if you ask Siri "What time is it in Moscow?" (or any other place) it brings up a clock, but its the new iPad clock (the one that is supposedly stolen from the Swiss).

Hopefully they take care of these simple details in the next few updates.

6. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I noticed that sometimes the volume for the system and locked sounds get taken over by another volume setting or completely disappear.

To get the sounds back, I have to open up another app like a game, then adjust the volume. Once I leave the app, the lock/unlock sounds come back.

7. big samm macrumors 65816

Same here it happened a couple time to me too!

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Same. I've been rebooting but I'll try launching a game.

9. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Yep, I have been randomly losing all my keyboard and lock sounds (no the mute button isn't on). If I turn off my phone then turn it back on, the sounds come back