Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leon44

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
This new metally volume bar in the Music app with the brushed metal circle i thought was quite cool, but for whatever reason the volume bar when you double tap the home button on the lock screen is still the old blue one.
I dunno if this is lack of attention to detail or if there's a reason for it :/

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I get that but surely the system wide volume bar should look the same as the iPod one, as it always has done

I see what you're saying.. They didn't update the look of the volume slider on the lock screen to match the one in the music app.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
Another inconsistencies in iOS6 is the clock. If you look at the Clock icon and then open up the app and look at those clocks they are different. One as square ended hands, the other has tapered hands. Now if you ask Siri "What time is it in Moscow?" (or any other place) it brings up a clock, but its the new iPad clock (the one that is supposedly stolen from the Swiss).

Hopefully they take care of these simple details in the next few updates.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I noticed that sometimes the volume for the system and locked sounds get taken over by another volume setting or completely disappear.

To get the sounds back, I have to open up another app like a game, then adjust the volume. Once I leave the app, the lock/unlock sounds come back.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I noticed that sometimes the volume for the system and locked sounds get taken over by another volume setting or completely disappear.

To get the sounds back, I have to open up another app like a game, then adjust the volume. Once I leave the app, the lock/unlock sounds come back.

Same here it happened a couple time to me too!

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

Same. I've been rebooting but I'll try launching a game.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010

Yep, I have been randomly losing all my keyboard and lock sounds (no the mute button isn't on). If I turn off my phone then turn it back on, the sounds come back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.