Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lvanness7690

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
I'm not able to download any of the aerial wallpapers. Is anyone else having the issue? It's happened on both machines I have Sonoma installed on. If I click the "x" next to the download status and download button appears but the download never moves. I've tried on all the aerial wallpapers and have the same issue with all of the.

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 10.36.50 AM.png

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I'm not able to download any of the aerial wallpapers. Is anyone else having the issue? It's happened on both machines I have Sonoma installed on. If I click the "x" next to the download status and download button appears but the download never moves. I've tried on all the aerial wallpapers and have the same issue with all of the.

View attachment 2215655
I'm having the same issue - can't download any of the new wallpapers.

Did you fix your issue ?

adrteo

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2019
Singapore
Works fine for me. After the animation starts on the Lock screen, the screen goes black after 3 or 4 seconds. Moving the mouse or hitting a key brings it back again. I presume this is a bug but would be keen to know if anyone has found a solution/workaround.

Mr.Mozi

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2020
Had this problem too. A restart and plugging in solved it so far! How someone please explains how to remove the downloaded ones :D

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
Works fine for me. After the animation starts on the Lock screen, the screen goes black after 3 or 4 seconds. Moving the mouse or hitting a key brings it back again. I presume this is a bug but would be keen to know if anyone has found a solution/workaround.

Same thing happening here with just the default wallpaper. It also sometimes shows the Ventura default on the login screen which is a strange one

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
The default wallpaper won't automatically switch between light / dark versions during sleep on MBA M1. I have to do a restart to get the proper version.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
The default wallpaper won't automatically switch between light / dark versions during sleep on MBA M1. I have to do a restart to get the proper version.

I’ve found toggling the light dark mode brings up the right wallpaper. Hopefully it will be fixed in beta 2

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I’ve found toggling the light dark mode brings up the right wallpaper. Hopefully it will be fixed in beta 2

Thanks for the tip! The odd thing is on my iMac M1 the stock macOS graphic wallpaper does automatically switch upon waking up from sleep. If I don't close the lid on my MacBook Air M1 the wallpaper also transitions automatically. Hopefully the bug will be fixed in beta 2.

G46&Fbnth5

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2021
Does anybody knows where Landscape, Cityscape etc. wallpapers are located in the system? I cannot find them

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Downloaded fine for me. However, I can't get them to shuffle with shuffle all or shuffle landscape/cityscape.
So far, I'm unable to get any Photos App folder I select to successfully Shuffle. After selecting "Random", regardless of whatever wallpaper is in place, it switches to the default macOS wallpaper. Seems to work fine for Finder Folders, just not Photos App folders. At least for me, anyway. I've reported this in FB12202204

Dirty Mac

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
Not anywhere near Uranus.
So far, I'm unable to get any Photos App folder I select to successfully Shuffle. After selecting "Random", regardless of whatever wallpaper is in place, it switches to the default macOS wallpaper. Seems to work fine for Finder Folders, just not Photos App folders. At least for me, anyway. I've reported this in FB12202204
I miss the ease of Windows for doing photo shuffle on the desktop. Maybe next beta will fix it.

Little Angel

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
I am still unable to download any wallpaper. Its starts then stops after varying amounts of time.

Any ideas?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I'm still unable to select a folder from the Photos App to cycle thru Wallpapers Randomly. It changes to the Sonoma Default Wallpaper instead. Had been an issue all thru the beta cycle on both an M1 MBP and a 2018 Intel Mac mini. I've tried folders with 10-20 photos and folders with a Lot More, and it doesn't seem to make a difference (FB12202204).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.