'New' Watch Faces

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by virginblue4, Mar 30, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

So was just watching a video on YouTube of a hands on experience of the Apple Watch from the March event and noticed in the watch face selector, there is a placeholder name 'new' with a '+' sign.

This was also there in the September event, but multiple user stated that it was unlikely to make it to the final shipping version, although it looks like it will do.

So I wonder if there will be an option for additional watch faces? Or maybe you can just save multiple customised ones, so you can switch between the same watch face e.g. Modular but with different complications, rather than keep changing them?

Attached Files:

2. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Me thinks this is just to save a layout you prefer to easily select between different modular layouts for a given Apple clock face.

Eventually, I'm sure there will be an app store selection of Watch faces, but for the time being we probably stuck with Apple ones.

3. technosix macrumors 6502a

Apple being heavily involved with Disney is a clue.

There may be a provision for the owner of the watch to change the color of Mickeys pants... :)

4. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

http://www.casetify.com/

This is a great option that I found on the 9to5 site. Custom watchbands. Looks like they know we will be able to use custom pictures for our watch faces. I see this as a fun alternative for my sports band for the gym.

5. taedouni macrumors 65816

I just don't see why no one clicked on that screen.

6. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Personally, I doubt they know anymore than we do. Plus their bands look hideous!

7. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I will use SS Link for every day use. HOWEVER I think I will get one of those to use as my sports band because the link is clunky while lifting weights. The fun thing is that I can put my gyms logo on the band. My friend who owns the gym will LOVE that.