New Watch Released 4 Days Ago? Really?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wookman, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Wookman macrumors newbie

The MacRumors Buyer's Guide says to buy a watch now, because Apple released a new one 4 days ago. Can someone point me to info on this new watch? I've watched the keynote from Monday twice now, and there was no new watch. Only new bands and a new version of watchOS. Those do not equal a "new watch".

Am I missing something, somewhere?

2. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

I'd say they're likely referring to the new models, which have new bands included, and therefore have new SKUs at retailers. Technically "new", but not really an update to the watch itself.

3. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It doesn't take much to reset the buyer's guide. A silent price drop will trigger "Buy now/just updated" even if nothing else is changed.

5. Wookman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Noticed the iPad Air 2 is "new" too. Doesn't take much. I'll be paying closer attention I guess.

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Wow thanks for this thread! I somehow assumed some human intervention went into that buyer's guide not some algorithm that could be fooled by a sku change or price bump for an existing product. Then again, I seem to remember the "new" flag was once triggered for simply introducing new colors of anodized aluminum for iPods so we just have to be careful to read the details. In the case of AW, "new" was triggered by a bit of yellow plastic and not by something new in the internals of the watch itself. I'll be more careful from now on as well.

7. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I got tricked by this too when I was on there this morning. I do hope a second gen is coming soon!!