Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Does Apple replace the whole watch when you go in for an battery replacement (hitting 80%) or do they literally change the battery right there?

Maybe there is a higher chance to get a replacement if you send it in instead and request express (if that is still a thing?)

Series 6 with AppleCare+

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Does Apple replace the whole watch when you go in for an battery replacement (hitting 80%) or do they literally change the battery right there?

Maybe there is a higher chance to get a replacement if you send it in instead and request express (if that is still a thing?)

Series 6 with AppleCare+
Regardless, you'll get a different watch than the one you send in. This won't change if you choose express or not.

Reactions: contacos

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Great. I have some minor scratches on my screen that you can hardly see (I do!) and Apple calls normal wear so I was hoping to get a replacement out of the battery replacement

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
I was just looking into this because my series 3 battery is horrible now days. The apple support app says you drop it off and they’ll notify you when it’s ready to pickup.

My guess they ship it out and a new one is sent back, just like when my screen popped off a few years back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.