New way to view movies on iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xRobskix, Apr 25, 2009.

1. xRobskix macrumors newbie

Does anyone watch movies on their iphone or ipod touch? Do you get uncomfortable holding onto it for the duration of the movie? Any solutions out there?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Did you ever think about leaning it against something?

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

4. xRobskix thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks resist. The point was that if you put it down its too far away to view. I want it to be up high, for instance for viewing on an aircraft or in a car.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I just sit my iPhone between my thighs right in from of me when watching movies if I don't have anything to set it on. It has been working great.

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, theres simple solutions for this. 3 days after i bought my iPhone (July 11th) i had a flight to Detroit to Barcelona, pretty long flight, so i loaded up a movie on my iPhone. At the time, i bought the Incipio Dermashot (don't use it now) at the Apple Store, that comes with this little video stand, so on the flight i just pulled out the table used to put food on and just placed my iPhone on it with the video stand holding it up :)

7. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, its truly amazing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its called the "Xtand", this is the website for the company http://www.xtand.net/index_iphone.php and you can buy it anywhere (I got mines off ebay).

8. Illicit macrumors 6502

i heard that some stands that were used in the same way for the PSP have worked for the iphone as well.

could try that if you have a psp stand. might also be cheaper.

9. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

umm i would use that laptop in the background to watch movies instead :rolleyes:

10. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

That iClooly thing looks pretty cool - just like a tiny iMac. The name is kinda lame though.

The problem with a stand is that you have to carry it around. I usually use my iPhone to watch movies when I'm out-and-about waiting for lunch or whatever. Any time I'm somewhere where I'd have the stand, I likely have a computer also, and like the good Dr. Cabrera said, I'd rather watch on the computer ;)

But, yes, my arms/hands do get tired if I'm watching the iPhone for very long. I usually just prop it up with something handy, like a laid-down salt shaker in front of the phone which is leaning against the napkin holder, for example. It's not ideal and sometimes, some of the screen is blocked, but lets not kid ourselves -- we're not looking for the ultimate HD experience on the iPhone to begin with, so even an imperfect viewing option serves to pass the time.

11. wackymacky macrumors 65832

wackymacky

Wow, do people actually watch full-length movies on their phone without plugging it into a display?

I've only done this on a plane, when carrying a phone holder would be a pain in the butt.

12. jjbcentral macrumors newbie

jjbcentral

13. samsonib6 macrumors newbie

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Crable wallet looks ok - Maybe a plastic sucker stand would work?

15. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Mmmm...I'm really interested in this.

Can you give any feedback for this product? I'm in particular concerned about the four areas which grip the chrome - does it leave any scratch marks?

16. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Here is what you need. Power Support Crystal Jacket for iPhone 3G (Clear), available at Apple.com.

Another thought that I coworker of mine had was to get an arm-band case (Click Here) and keep the iPhone on your forearm. I am not sure how well it work and how comfortable it would be on the long haul but you would not have to pull it out and set it up. You would just have to move your arm into a good position. If you use headphones that allow you to answer calls you would not even have to take the iPhone out of the case.

Attached Files:

17. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

18. JCastro macrumors 6502a

WOW! That looks simple and convenient. I might have to give it a try. Thanks for posting.

19. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

That Wedge is a great idea, as is the tiny photo "easel" from the craft store (I know exactly what you're talking about!)

The Wedge has the advantage of being soft and pliable by the look of it, so it would be easy to carry in your pocket. Something like that would take about 15 minutes for someone with rudimentary sewing skills and a machine to make. Great idea.

20. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

I have the Movie Wedge and love it. It's very light and easy to carry. I've used it on a plane, on my desk, and in bed.

21. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I was thinking the same thing! I am going to give it a try. I don't have a way to buy one right now and I have about 20 hours of flying until I get home and can get one.

22. kalex macrumors 65816

Just ordered the MovieWedge. Looks very good. Reminds me of a bean bag support for cameras

23. missadri macrumors newbie

check out this one. I'm actually going to get one. so easy and nothing extra to carry around!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVXqQnc8MA

24. alFR macrumors 68020

One of the Gorillapods with the sucker mount on the top apparently works well for this.

25. valya macrumors newbie