Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killwilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I have recently had to replace my wifi hub due problems with wifi drop off.

The hub is up and running and working fine. However, when I did the setup, I obviously ticked the appropriate number pertaining to my hub, but unfortunately, when I shut down, or sleep my laptop, on startup the laptop searches and locks on to one of various other hubs, rather than the one I want, IE: mine. If I click on "Open Network Preferences", my hub is the one listed. This as only happened since I had the new hub on Tuesday. Whilst this is not a major inconvenience, it is a nuisance.:(

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Jaben3421

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2011
CA
I have recently had to replace my wifi hub due problems with wifi drop off.

The hub is up and running and working fine. However, when I did the setup, I obviously ticked the appropriate number pertaining to my hub, but unfortunately, when I shut down, or sleep my laptop, on startup the laptop searches and locks on to one of various other hubs, rather than the one I want, IE: mine. If I click on "Open Network Preferences", my hub is the one listed. This as only happened since I had the new hub on Tuesday. Whilst this is not a major inconvenience, it is a nuisance.:(

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Once in the network pane of system preferences, go to the advanced button and drag the networks in the order you want it to look for and then connect, so you're new network would be at the top. You may want to delete other old wifi networks from the list that were from coffee shops and stuff like that.

*Edit* Remember to click apply at the end!

killwilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
Once in the network pane of system preferences, go to the advanced button and drag the networks in the order you want it to look for and then connect, so you're new network would be at the top. You may want to delete other old wifi networks from the list that were from coffee shops and stuff like that.

*Edit* Remember to click apply at the end!

Thank you very much.:) My new hub was at the bottom of the list. I have now removed all of the others, so will see what happens over the next 48 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.