New Wikipedia and apple dictionary

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G.T., May 17, 2010.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else experienced problems with using apple dictionary's wikipedia function. Ever since the new wikipedia it won't work properly? Anyone else have this problem?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Will it help you just to know if others have had problems with Wikipedia in Dictionary? Or would it be more helpful to know if others have had the same problem you're having? Beyond that, might it be helpful to know what those people did to solve that problem?

If yes to the last two questions, it will only be possible to get that help if you describe the problem. Or, are you not looking for help?

3. bluskale macrumors regular

I looked, and it seems like scrolling isn't implemented correctly... it'll load up the top of the page, but without any scroll bars. The only way to scroll down to see the rest of the page is to click and drag down w/ text selection.

That would be with 10.5.8 (PPC).

4. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was just looking for general problems or if everyones is fine then its mine thats broke.

Yeah this is my problem, i'm 10.6.3 (intel)

5. g-boac macrumors 6502

same problem here

I am having the same problem as the OP as well; I've confirmed this problem on two separate MacBook Pros, plus an iMac of mine. All are running 10.6.3

How do we actually go about getting a message to Apple? This sounds like something that would be addressed in a software update, either to Dictionary or an OS update.

Mark