New Windows 7 Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by perezjuanf, Dec 8, 2011.

1. perezjuanf, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

perezjuanf macrumors member

Presently I have an IMac early 2009 my OS is Snow Leopard 10.6 (the lastes one)

I have an XP Boot Camp vith Fusion 3 being use for my virtual

I plan to delete my present Windows XP boot camp an do a clean Windows 7 install in a new Boot Camp

I am planning to switch to Parallel 7 for my virtual

What size of Partition would you recomend?

Presently I am able to copy and move files from the Windows side to the Mac Side back and forth in that way I only need to have a single data side (located in the Mac side) will I be able to do this whith my new set up?

Any Recomendations? or warnings?

They will be appreciated

Thanks

Juan F. Perez

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

My bootcamp partition with win 7 is 80 gb and no doubt win 7 takes up a lot of room. Personally I would not go any smaller than 50 gb with win 7.

I recommend using the bootcamp assistant to take out ( remove ) the existing bootcamp partition and then reboot ... go into disk utility and check out everything after the reboot ... before going back into the bootcamp assistant.

Please make sure you get a good backup before proceeding!

3. perezjuanf thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, that is how I was planning to remove my present bootcamp partition, after rebooting I will make a backup with my airport