New Windows Install cant change start up disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ThirteenXIII, Nov 15, 2008.

1. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

So i pulled all my drives out of my 2.66 MacPro and just left Bay2 occupied for my windows install.

And did a clean installation of Windows XP Pro Sp2 on it...and i put my OSX drive back in (10.5.5) and was having issues..

Restarted reset SMC and PRAM

as it wasnt detecting a start up disk immediately
    i go into System preferences and try to select the windows drive but it does not appear there.

i launch the bootcamp assistant and it is neither apparent there either.

is there anything i can do to have it identify as a windows installed drive or is the process going tohave to start from ground Zero?
    (if that is the case NO BIG DEAL , as i just completed the install in an under an hour and havent installed any thing on the system as of yet.)

Any advice or help is appreciated, thank you!

Screencaps;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chaveezy macrumors newbie

I just partitioned and installed Windows 7 on my MBP and the Windows Partition isn't showing up in my Startup Disk screen either, if I hold Option upon boot, I can manually select it, and I don't mind since I definitely want my default boot partition to be OSX anyways, but let us know if you find out what's causing this.

Thanks.