New wired Keyboard- Question about shortcuts

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by leekohler, Aug 16, 2007.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just got one of the new wired keyboards for my PM G5 and can't figure out how to get my F7 key to work in Quark. It usually shows the guides on the document, but now nothing- not even and error sound. I went to preferences and couldn't figure out how to change it. Can anybody help?

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Hmmm it might be tied up to Expose. Try going into the expose control panel under preferences to see if F7 is used up by it. Disable it there and go back to Quark, it should work.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think F7 is set to change to the previous track in itunes (assuming you've downloaded the keyboard software update). pressing the "fn" key (next to home) while pressing F7 should work.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I'll give it a try.

EDIT- That worked! Thanks a lot! I love this keyboard and so does my roommate (an extremely critical guy). I was kind of afraid of what he would think, but he gave it a huge thumbs up. I asked after he used it for a bit. He said, "When did you get this new keyboard? I love it!" Enough said. I love it too. I've been making a lot fewer typing mistakes.