New with mac and trying to listen to music

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clutchn, Jan 7, 2010.

1. clutchn macrumors member

hello all that are reading my post, first id like to thank you all... well today i bought my new macbook.. i use this website to listen to new music that comes up . and it worked on my old pc. well i went on with my mac and was shocked i couldnt play the music, im sure that someone here can tell me what i need so heres the link please tell me what i need.

basically i cannot listen to steamed music from this site called usershare. please help thank you VERY much i need this bc this is the main reason i got a mac lol

2. las313fl macrumors newbie

Music

Try using a site called pandora. I have it set on my dashboard. You can pick the kind of music you want playinh.
    Louise in FLA

3. clutchn thread starter macrumors member

i know pandora but

i know about that site i just am a person who is involved with music dearly. i used firefox and it worked so i think i maybe able to use that its just it wont work in safari

4. alienapp macrumors member

Try installing Flip4Mac cause I seem to be able to stream it just fine.

Here's the link:

Flip4Mac

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

works fine for me. i think you need Flip4Mac as it isnt using QuickTime for me even though it says .mp3.

and mate that is terrible quality music. sounds like someone is recording their speakers and probably converted from mp3 to wma which is uber *****. get music another way by purchasing from iTunes, Amazon etc. P2P or quality streaming services such as Pandora.

6. clutchn thread starter macrumors member

yes i know that quality was crappy, but that was the link i had... i just needed to find a way to listen to it, i didnt want to download something like that bc its terrible... thank you so much to the 2 guys who said flip4mac

7. mdjasrie macrumors member

Or you can try grooveshark. It has a good library of music and you can stream it online.

8. Nuck81 macrumors regular

You haven't tried Pandora?

It's Night and Day better than your link...

9. xeno911 macrumors newbie

do you have Snow Leopard?

When I click on alienapp's link, it says Snow Leopard is required. But it I'm able to see the player with Safari. :confused: Seems to be a Firefox issue, I updated to 3.5.7 but it doesn't resolve anything.

10. alienapp macrumors member

Oops I've messed up a little bit there. It should be compatible with OS 10.4 and up.

11. NewRevolution88 macrumors member

Grooveshark is pretty useful. Of course the real way to listen to music would be to use iTunes and fill it with the music you want. You can obviously load cds and download from the iTunes Store, but you can easily get any music you'd like free with a torrent client.