Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I have ongoing problems with my new printer HP P 1004 which does not work properly on my MacBook (version 10.4.09, but I updated the software to 10.4.11)

Have been in contact with HP helpline. They have been very helpful but to no avail.

The problem seems to be now that the printer works in general but not if I want to print something out from Word.

Whenever I want to print a document from word I get the message that all print jobs are stopped....

What can I do....below is what HP suggested but I was wondering whether somebody has an better idea....

Is there an update for Word which solves this printer issue?

this is what HP suggested in the last email (haven't done it yet)

Intel Mac fix for Office

1. On a computer ( power pc processor) that can still print using Office, go to HD>System>Library>Printers and control+click on Libraries and Create Archive. In the same location, control+click on the CVs folder and Create Archive. Save these Archived (zip) folders to the Desktop.
2. Copy these two Archived (zip) folders to the Intel Mac that cannot print. *note – you will need a network connection to the computer or a flash drive.
3. Make sure you quit all applications including Safari, Entourage etc.
4. Create a New Folder on the Desktop of the Intel Mac (Name this folder “Backup of Libraries and CVs”)
5. Open the Macintosh HD>System>Library folder and control+click on the Printers folder and select Get Info. Click on Name & Location and set the permissions for Everyone to Read & Write.
6. Open the Printers folder and drag the Libraries and CVs folder to the new folder you had just created to backup the old files.
7. Extract the Archived Libraries and CVs folder you have copied to the Intel Mac by double clicking on the folders.
8. Copy the extracted Libraries and CVs folders to the Printers folder (You will be asked to authenticate the copy)
9. Restart the Computer.
10. Open Disk Utility and select your Macintosh HD Volume. Select Repair Permissions.
11. Open a MS Office document and print to verify the issue is resolved.

Many thanks
claudia:confused:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Have you installed all the software updates for Microsoft Office? There should be a Microsoft Auto-Update program on your computer.

Also as you were slow to update to 10.4.11 make sure you've updated everything else on your computer to the newest version, as they could also be causing issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.