New yahoo mail with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by index1489, Oct 13, 2011.

1. index1489 macrumors member

Anyone using this? I mean it crashes like every 30 seconds, with no way to revert back to the old interface.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have no issues running the new Yahoo mail with Safari 5.1

3. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

4. MacSince1985 macrumors regular

It happens to me regularly. The "what's new" tab is fine, but once I try to get to the inbox, it hangs.

There are no console messages, but the Safari Web Content CPU usage jumps to 100% and memory is eaten fast (14.2Mb every 2 second, crept up to over 7Gb before I force-quitted), according to Activity Monitor. Then I restarted Safari and got into the inbox immediately.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

This has started happening to me running both Firefox and Chrome. Seems to have something to do with a script. Maybe clearing the cache before starting the browser would help?

6. PHzero macrumors newbie

Spinning beachball on Yahoo Mail

I also have trouble with new Yahoo Mail in Safari. But not all the time - I never know when that spinning beach ball will appear when clicking on a Yahoo Mail link. Once the ball appears it'll go on forever. I force quit Safari or, more recently, I force the page to reload. That's irritating. I don't have any other issues with Safari (5.1 on OS 10.7.1) - I switched from Firefox when I went to Lion and haven't looked back. I also like the new Yahoo Mail interface very much - I just wish it'd work better.