New Years in LA where to go?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, Dec 21, 2008.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

I might be spending new years alone or maybe not depends on what the cards have for me, but I'm looking for a good place to go for new years, one that has a good live crowd and possible a ball dropping between LA and Sandiego if anyone has suggestions please help me out

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Universal City Walk should be fun. Dunno about dropping balls, but it should be fun all the same. :) I'll be driving to my parent's house that night. I know, don't be jealous!

3. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

what's going on at UCW?

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

New Year's Eve and City Walk ... sure to be fun. I dunno if there is a specific activity planned though.

6. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

hmm this has sparked my interest

www.yachtparty2009.com

i looked at the pictures thought...looked like a sausage fest

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Good timing on the thread. I need some New Year's suggestions for Los Angeles too.

I live here now, but two years ago during a visit we went to the Laugh Factory for New Years. It was pretty lame. Paul Rodriguez was the headliner. He reallllllly sucked. He could care less that he was there, and acted as if we should be honored to be in his presence. He even told a joke that I saw Norm MacDonald do when he was a guest on The Daily Show a month before. Thief.

Anyway....
    I was going to start looking for something to do tonight- if I find anything interesting, I'll post back. I'm hoping to find something that could combine dinner with drinks in the same location.

8. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hermosa Pier is always hoppin, but today is sunday i've never been there on a Sunday but fridays and saturdays are always lively with various ages alot of college girls go there...god i love women

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Looks very cool. On my list to visit now. Beautiful place.

But for New Year's? No. I'm not driving downtown from Westwood on New Year's. Maybe I would go if I were single......... :D