New York City

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kenzembo1, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Greetings MacRumors community!

I wanted to start this thread because I find myself completely enamored with NYC. I'm captivated by the history, the people and culture of the city so much that I'm convinced I want to take up residence there. I currently live in Ohio, the heartland of America...or so they say. Don't get me wrong, I love Ohio, but I've lived here all my life and want to experience something new. I'm 24 years old and recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Political Science. I'm pretty set on going back to school to pursue a graduate degree (possibly in Urban Studies, Economic Development, or Public Administration) - during that time I may try to find an internship in the New York area.

This brings me back to the whole reason I started this thread, I want to hear from you guys - your thoughts, insights, experiences with the city...if you've ever lived, worked, or conducted business there. Have your personal experiences changed/altered your outlook of the city for better or worse? Do you New Yorkers ever tire of the urban sprawl and yearn for a more rustic lifestyle?

Something that really concerns me is the cost of living there. How might one make living in the city more finically feasible...is it even possible?

Thanks for reading!:)

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

NYC is great,
    it is expensive to leave but not impossible, and no, you do not grow tired of its lifestyle, it's more of a love or hate at first sight.

if you get into one of the grad programs, you'll get housing and salary is corrected for cost of living (i think grad students get 30K/year)